The Senate will convene on Monday, May 1, 2017, at 1:00 p.m., or upon the Call of the President.
Saturday, April 29, 2017 Open Calendar
8th Week of 2017 Session - 6 Days until the End of Session
8:00 — Until Completion
9:00 — Until Completion
11:00 AM — Until Completion
Excellence in Higher Education
The Senate is proposing policy enhancements and funding investments to elevate the prominence of state universities and increase their ability to compete as national destination institutions, while preserving access and increasing affordability for Floridians.
The 2017 Legislative Session
Pursuant to Article III, Section 3 (b) of the Florida Constitution, the Legislature convened on March 7, 2017, for the opening day of the 2017 Regular Session.
2016-2018 Senate Rules
On November 22, 2016, Senators unanimously adopted rules to govern the proceedings of Senate during the 2016-2018 Legislative Term.
- Bill Giving State Park Discounts to Foster & Adoptive Families Passes Florida Legislature April 28, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Bean
- Senator Linda Stewart Passes Environmental Protection Bill April 28, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Stewart
- The Rodríguez Report. 2017 Legislative Session Newsletter (pdf) April 24, 2017 - Publication by Senator Rodriguez
- Statement by Senate Democratic Leader Oscar Braynon, II on Senator Artiles’ Resignation April 21, 2017 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Rideshare legislation passes with overwhelming support April 19, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Brandes
- Statement by Senate Democratic Leader Oscar Braynon, II on Artiles Controversy April 19, 2017 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Black Bear Act that Protects Wildlife, Preserves Habitats Advances in Florida Senate April 19, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Stewart
- Senate Approves River and Lakes Bill Championed by Senator Bradley April 17, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Bradley