The Senate will convene at 1:00 p.m. on Monday, April 27, 2015, or upon the Call of the President.
Sunday, April 26, 2015 Open Calendar
8th Week of 2015 Session - 5 Days until the End of Session
2015-16 State Budget
The Florida Senate's budget proposal for Fiscal Year 2015-16 provides unprecedented education funding and offers innovative solutions to Florida's health care challenges.
Work Plan Florida 2015
President Gardiner and Speaker Crisafulli’s joint priorities for the 2015 Legislative Session include: tax relief, developing a statewide water and natural resources policy, expanding education and employment options for people with disabilities, promoting adoptions and increasing investments and accountability in education.
Pathway to Economic Independence for People with Unique Abilities
The Senate unanimously passed legislation to improve and expand education and employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
Water and Land Conservation
The Senate Committee on Environmental Preservation and Conservation is currently taking public comment on the implementation of the Water and Land Conservation Amendment passed by Florida voters in November 2014.
- Senator Negron Calls on Army Corps to Immediately Suspend Harmful Releases from Lake Okeechobee Due to Algae Bloom April 24, 2015 - Press Release by Senator Negron
- Senator Don Gaetz Reports: Where We Are With The Budget April 24, 2015 - Press Release by Senator Gaetz
- Statement by Senator Negron on Lake Okeechobee Discharges April 24, 2015 - Press Release by Senator Negron
- Senator Alan Hays Announces Interest to Serve on Governor Scott's Commission on Healthcare and Hospital Funding April 23, 2015 - Press Release by Senator Hays
- SENATE BILL 542, TO ALLOW EVIDENCE FROM CHILDREN WHO RECORD THEIR ABUSERS, PASSES SENATE FLOOR UNANIMOUSLY April 22, 2015 - Press Release by Senator Simpson
- Statement from President Gardiner Regarding the State Budget April 21, 2015 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senate Democratic Leader Arthenia Joyner Calls On Governor To Stop Latest Assault Against Healthcare Delivery In Florida April 16, 2015 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Senator Negron Announces Community College Partnership Agreement April 16, 2015 - Press Release by Senator Negron