The Senate has adjourned the 2017 Special Session A, Sine Die.
Excellence in Higher Education
The Senate is proposing policy enhancements and funding investments to elevate the prominence of state universities and increase their ability to compete as national destination institutions, while preserving access and increasing affordability for Floridians.
2017 Bill Summaries
The 2017 Bill Summaries are reports created by committee staff that give brief explanations of legislation that passed this session in both the House and Senate. These summaries are created by committee staff and do not represent the opinion of any Senator, Senate Officer, or Senate Office.
- Senator Farmer 2017 Session Recap (pdf) June 16, 2017 - Publication by Senator Farmer
- Senator Farmer Statement on the Signing of HB 7069 June 15, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Farmer
- State Employee Pay Raise Becomes Law June 14, 2017 - Press Release by President's Office
- Statement by President Negron Regarding Veto of SB 374 June 14, 2017 - Press Release by President's Office
- State employee pay raises, a top #flsenate budget priority, were signed int... June 14, 2017 - Photo by Senator Negron
- A symbol of freedom, hope, and opportunity. Old Glory, may you continue to... June 14, 2017 - Photo by Senator Negron
- News You Can Use From Senator Audrey Gibson - Men's Health Month (pdf) June 14, 2017 - Publication by Senator Gibson
- Senator Farmer Urges Governor to Veto HB 7069 June 13, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Farmer