The Senate will convene for the Organization Session at 9:00 a.m. on November 18, 2014.
2014 Florida Statutes Now Available
The 2014 Florida Statutes are now available under the Laws tab. Additionally, the updated Table of Section Changes and other reference documents are posted under Quick Links on the Statutes page.
2014-15 State Budget
The Florida Legislature passed and Governor Scott signed into law a balanced budget for Fiscal Year 2014-15, allocating unprecedented funding for education, $500 million in broad-based tax relief and more than $3 billion in reserves.
Work Plan Florida 2014 Completed
During the 2014 Legislative Session, President Gaetz and Speaker Weatherford proposed a joint House and Senate work plan for Florida.
Protecting Vulnerable Floridians
During the 2014 Legislative Session, the Florida Senate worked to increase safeguards for Florida's children and seniors by strengthening protections against sexual offenders, enhancing accountability within assisted living facilities and improving Florida's child welfare system.
- Jerry Melvin Named to State Elder Affairs Council September 30, 2014 - Press Release by Senator Gaetz
- SENATOR ARTHENIA JOYNER RECEIVES DEMOCRATIC WOMEN’S CLUB LEGISLATIVE ADVOCACY AWARD September 30, 2014 - Press Release by Senator Joyner
- DeeDee Davis named to the Florida Film and Entertainment Council September 26, 2014 - Press Release by Senator Gaetz
- Statement by Senator Gardiner Regarding Dismissal of FEA Challenge to SB 850 September 24, 2014 - Press Release by President's Office
- Statements by President Gaetz and President-Designate Gardiner Regarding the Selection of Senator Thrasher as FSU’s Next President September 23, 2014 - Press Release by President's Office
- Mid-Bay Bridge Visionary to be Honored with Road Designation September 18, 2014 - Press Release by Senator Gaetz
- Tax Free Holiday.jpg September 16, 2014 - Photo by Majority Office
- Senator Don Gaetz Reports: The Great Educational Divide September 15, 2014 - Press Release by Senator Gaetz