The Senate will convene on Tuesday, March 7, 2017, for the 2017 Regular Session.
Excellence in Higher Education
The Senate is proposing policy enhancements and funding investments to elevate the prominence of state universities and increase their ability to compete as national destination institutions, while preserving access and increasing affordability for Floridians.
2016 Organization Session
The Senate convened in Organization Session on November 22, 2016. Senator Joe Negron of Stuart was elected Senate President and Senator Anitere Flores of Miami was elected President Pro Tempore.
2016-2018 Senate Rules
On November 22, 2016, Senators unanimously adopted rules to govern the proceedings of Senate during the 2016-2018 Legislative Term.
2016 - 2017 Interim Committee Meetings
The Interim Committee Meeting Schedule (PDF) is available. Weekly schedules and meeting notices will be posted prior to the meetings. The Regular Session convenes on Tuesday, March 7, 2017.
- Senator Hukill Files College Competitiveness Act January 19, 2017 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senator Bradley Files Amendment Two Implementation Bill January 19, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Bradley
- SB-226: Senator Artiles & Representative Avila File Legislation to Strengthen Property Owners Rights January 18, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Artiles
- Senator Randolph Bracy Statement Regarding the Capture of Markeith Loyd January 18, 2017 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Senator Debbie Mayfield and Representatives MaryLynn Magar, Gayle Harrell, and Erin Grall File Legislation to Create Florida High-Speed Passenger Rail Safety Act January 17, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Mayfield
- This Week in the Florida Senate: January 9 - 13, 2017 (pdf) January 13, 2017 - Publication by Majority Office
- SB-308: Collapsing of Expressway Authorities January 13, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Artiles
- Senators Gainer, Broxson, and Montford File Legislation to Keep BP Oil Funds in Northwest Florida January 12, 2017 - Press Release by President's Office