The Senate has adjourned the 2017 Regular Session Sine Die.
Excellence in Higher Education
The Senate is proposing policy enhancements and funding investments to elevate the prominence of state universities and increase their ability to compete as national destination institutions, while preserving access and increasing affordability for Floridians.
2017 Bill Summaries
The 2017 Bill Summaries are reports created by committee staff that give brief explanations of legislation that passed this session in both the House and Senate. These summaries are created by committee staff and do not represent the opinion of any Senator, Senate Officer, or Senate Office.
- Broad-Based Tax Relief Package Becomes Law May 25, 2017 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senator Denise Grimsley Announces June Mobile Office Hours May 25, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Grimsley
- 2017 Legislative Session Wrap-Up (pdf) May 19, 2017 - Publication by Senator Gibson
- Statements from President Negron and Senator Galvano Regarding the Florida Supreme Court Decision in Gretna vs. DBPR May 18, 2017 - Press Release by President's Office
- 2017 Florida Legislative Session Wrap-Up (pdf) May 17, 2017 - Publication by Senator Lee
- Post Session in Review (pdf) May 12, 2017 - Publication by Senator Gibson
- MEMO: Implementation of Amendment 2 (2016), Use of Marijuana for Debilitating Medical Conditions May 11, 2017 - Press Release by President's Office
- Major Expansion of Southern Water Storage Becomes Law May 9, 2017 - Press Release by President's Office