The Senate will convene for the 2016 Regular Session on Tuesday, January 12, 2016.
2015-16 State Budget
Florida’s balanced budget prioritizes education, health care, tax relief and reserves.
Senate 2015 Tax Relief Package
→ Cuts cell phone and TV tax rate permanently.
→ Eliminates sales tax on college textbooks for
→ Establishes 10-Day Back-to-School
Sales Tax Holiday.
2015 Bill Summaries Now Available
Summaries of bills that passed the Florida Legislature during the 2015 Legislative Session are available on the Bill Summaries Page.
Pathway to Economic Independence for People with Unique Abilities
During the 2015 Legislative Session, the Senate championed legislation to improve and expand education and employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
Work Plan Florida 2015
President Gardiner and Speaker Crisafulli’s joint priorities for the 2015 Legislative Session included: tax relief, developing a statewide water and natural resources policy, expanding education and employment options for people with disabilities, promoting adoptions and increasing investments and accountability in education.
- $1.5 Billion from BP to NWF July 2, 2015 - Press Release by Senator Gaetz
- President Gardiner Appoints Senator Richter to Chair the Florida Defense Support Task Force June 30, 2015 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senator Gibson visits with students participating in the CCASTT at Craig Airport (pdf) June 29, 2015 - Publication by Senator Gibson
- Sherrill Norman To Be Sworn In As State Auditor General June 26, 2015 - Press Release by President's Office
- Statement from Senate President Andy Gardiner Regarding the US Supreme Court Upholding Subsidies on the Federal Health Care Exchange June 25, 2015 - Press Release by President's Office
- President Gardiner Responds to Governor Scott Vetoing Key Funding for Vulnerable Floridians June 23, 2015 - Press Release by President's Office
- Digital Classroom 2.0 Builds on Success June 22, 2015 - Press Release by Senator Legg
- Senate Improves Pathway to Economic Independence for People with Unique Abilities June 19, 2015 - Press Release by President's Office