The Senate will convene on Wednesday, April 26, 2017, at 10:00 a.m., or upon the Call of the President.
Sunday, April 23, 2017 Open Calendar
7th Week of 2017 Session - 12 Days until the End of Session
Excellence in Higher Education
The Senate is proposing policy enhancements and funding investments to elevate the prominence of state universities and increase their ability to compete as national destination institutions, while preserving access and increasing affordability for Floridians.
The 2017 Legislative Session
Pursuant to Article III, Section 3 (b) of the Florida Constitution, the Legislature convened on March 7, 2017, for the opening day of the 2017 Regular Session.
2016-2018 Senate Rules
On November 22, 2016, Senators unanimously adopted rules to govern the proceedings of Senate during the 2016-2018 Legislative Term.
- Statement by Senate Democratic Leader Oscar Braynon, II on Senator Artiles’ Resignation April 21, 2017 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Rideshare legislation passes with overwhelming support April 19, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Brandes
- Statement by Senate Democratic Leader Oscar Braynon, II on Artiles Controversy April 19, 2017 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Black Bear Act that Protects Wildlife, Preserves Habitats Advances in Florida Senate April 19, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Stewart
- Senate Approves River and Lakes Bill Championed by Senator Bradley April 17, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Bradley
- Senator Linda Stewart Sets Ball in Motion to Fund Florida Land Conservation in 2018 April 17, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Stewart
- This Week in the Florida Senate: April 10 -14, 2017 (pdf) April 14, 2017 - Publication by Majority Office
- Legislation to Reduce Criminalization of Adolescence Passes Final Committee April 13, 2017 - Press Release by President's Office