The Senate will convene on Tuesday, November 22, 2016, for the Organization Session.
16-17 State Budget
The Florida Legislature passed a balanced budget that provides unprecedented K-12 per student funding and makes critical investments in health care and Florida’s environment, while providing for broad-based tax relief and $3 billion in state reserves.
2016 Bill Summaries Now Available
Summaries of bills that passed the Florida Legislature during the 2016 Legislative Session are available on the Bill Summaries Page.
Pathway to Economic Independence for People with Unique Abilities: Cradle to Career
During the first week of the 2016 Legislative Session, the Florida Legislature passed legislation to improve and expand education and employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
Statewide Water and Natural Resources Policy
The Florida Senate passed Senate Bill 552 to implement a statewide policy to preserve and restore Florida’s water and natural resources for future generations.
- Ruling Affirms School Choice Options for Low-Income Families and Students with Unique Abilities May 24, 2016 - Press Release by President's Office
- Media Advisory: Senator Jeff Brandes Announces Summer 2016 Mobile Office Hours May 3, 2016 - Press Release by Senator Brandes
- Senate Committees Hold Joint Workshop on Turkey Point Power Plant April 29, 2016 - Press Release by President's Office
- #FLSenate Workshop on the Turkey Point Power Plant @Anitere_Flores April 29, 2016 - Photo by Senator Negron
- MEDIA ADVISORY: Senate Workshop On Turkey Point Power Plant April 26, 2016 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senator Denise Grimsley Announces May Mobile Office Hours April 22, 2016 - Press Release by Senator Grimsley
- President-Designate Negron Visits FGCU, FIU, FAU on State University System Tour April 21, 2016 - Press Release by Senator Negron
- In the trading room of @FloridaAtlantic's Business School #SUSTour Stop 12 ... April 21, 2016 - Photo by Senator Negron