The Senate will convene on Monday, October 19, 2015, at 12:00 noon for the 2015 Special Session C.
2015 - 2016 Interim Committee Meetings
The Florida Legislature's Interim Committee Meeting Schedule (PDF) is available on this website. Weekly schedules and meeting notices will be posted prior to the meetings. The Regular Session convenes on Tuesday, January 12, 2016.
Pathway to Economic Independence for People with Unique Abilities: Cradle to Career
During the 2016 Legislative Session, the Senate will champion legislation to improve and expand education and employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
2015-16 State Budget
Florida’s balanced budget prioritizes education, health care, tax relief and reserves.
Senate 2015 Tax Relief Package
→ Cuts cell phone and TV tax rate permanently.
→ Eliminates sales tax on college textbooks for
→ Establishes 10-Day Back-to-School
Sales Tax Holiday.
- Senator Soto Files Legislation Creating Bronze Star Recipient License Plate October 13, 2015 - Press Release by Minority Office
- National Gas Vehicle Association Names Senator Wilton Simpson 2015 Public Policy Champion October 9, 2015 - Press Release by Majority Office
- Senate Rules Committee Unanimously Backs Senate Democratic Leader Arthenia Joyner’s Request to Remove Confederate Flag from Senate Seal October 8, 2015 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Legislation to Improve Career Options for Floridians with Unique Abilities Passes First Senate Committee October 6, 2015 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senator Denise Grimsley Announces October Mobile Office Hours October 6, 2015 - Press Release by Senator Grimsley
- Senator Tom Lee Announces October Mobile Office Hours September 30, 2015 - Press Release by Senator Lee
- Simpson & Beshears Continue Fight to End Public Records Scams September 30, 2015 - Press Release by Senator Simpson
- Senator Kelli Stargel to Hold Mobile Community Office Hours September 29, 2015 - Press Release by Senator Stargel