The Senate will convene on Tuesday, November 22, 2016, for the Organization Session.
Florida’s 2016 Back-To-School Sales Tax Holiday
The 2016 Back-To-School Sales Tax Holiday is August 5-7. The Department of Revenue’s TIP sheet provides important information on qualifying items.
Prayers for Orlando
We remember the 49 lives lost in Orlando with 49 flags for 49 days. The thoughts and prayers of our Senate family are with the victims of the terrorist attack in Orlando and their families during this time of mourning.
16-17 State Budget
The Florida Legislature passed a balanced budget that provides unprecedented K-12 per student funding and makes critical investments in health care and Florida’s environment, while providing for broad-based tax relief and $3 billion in state reserves.
2016 Bill Summaries Now Available
Summaries of bills that passed the Florida Legislature during the 2016 Legislative Session are available on the Bill Summaries Page.
Pathway to Economic Independence for People with Unique Abilities: Cradle to Career
During the first week of the 2016 Legislative Session, the Florida Legislature passed legislation to improve and expand education and employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
- MEDIA ADVISORY: President Gardiner to Address Florida Chamber Foundation Symposium on Employing Floridians with Unique Abilities July 27, 2016 - Press Release by President's Office
- ABLE United to Launch New Tax-Free Savings Plans for Individuals with Disabilities July 6, 2016 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senator Kelli Stargel Responds to SCOTUS Ruling in Whole Woman’s Health v. Hellerstedt June 27, 2016 - Press Release by Senator Stargel
- Florida Senate, House Democrats Announce Milestone in Push for Special Session June 24, 2016 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Sachs Sentinel Special Edition - Orlando Shooting & Call to Action (6-13-2016) (pdf) June 20, 2016 - Publication by Senator Sachs
- Sachs Sentinel - June 2016 Edition (6-7-2013) (pdf) June 20, 2016 - Publication by Senator Sachs
- State Lawmakers Call for Passage of Emergency Measure Banning Gun Purchases by Individuals on Federal Watch/No Fly Lists June 15, 2016 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Press Advisory June 14, 2016 - Press Release by Minority Office