The Senate will convene on November 18, 2014, for the Organization Session.
2014 Florida Statutes Now Available
The 2014 Florida Statutes are now available under the Laws tab. Additionally, the updated Table of Section Changes and other reference documents are posted under Quick Links on the Statutes page.
2014-15 State Budget
The Florida Legislature passed and Governor Scott signed into law a balanced budget for Fiscal Year 2014-15, allocating unprecedented funding for education, $500 million in broad-based tax relief and more than $3 billion in reserves.
Work Plan Florida 2014 Completed
During the 2014 Legislative Session, President Gaetz and Speaker Weatherford proposed a joint House and Senate work plan for Florida.
Protecting Vulnerable Floridians
During the 2014 Legislative Session, the Florida Senate worked to increase safeguards for Florida's children and seniors by strengthening protections against sexual offenders, enhancing accountability within assisted living facilities and improving Florida's child welfare system.
- Senator Don Gaetz Reports: Energy Efficient Sales Tax Holiday This Weekend September 16, 2014 - Press Release by Senator Gaetz
- Tax Free Holiday.jpg September 16, 2014 - Photo by Majority Office
- Senator Don Gaetz Reports: The Great Educational Divide September 15, 2014 - Press Release by Senator Gaetz
- Senator Hukill to File Personal Financial Literacy Education Act for Students September 8, 2014 - Press Release by Senator Hukill
- Senator Don Gaetz Reports: License-Free Saltwater Fishing Day Tomorrow Sept. 6 September 5, 2014 - Press Release by Senator Gaetz
- Navarre Leader Remembered With Highway Designation September 5, 2014 - Press Release by Senator Gaetz
- Florida Prepaid Costs Going Down September 4, 2014 - Press Release by President's Office
- Statement from Senate President Don Gaetz Regarding the Lawsuit to Limit School Choice and Opportunity for Low-Income Florida Families August 27, 2014 - Press Release by Senator Gaetz