The Senate will convene on Tuesday, November 22, 2016, for the Organization Session.
Prayers for Orlando
The thoughts and prayers of our Senate family are with the victims of the terrorist attack in Orlando and their families. Concerned citizens can access updates provided by the City of Orlando, including information on where to donate blood as well as a current list of known victims.
16-17 State Budget
The Florida Legislature passed a balanced budget that provides unprecedented K-12 per student funding and makes critical investments in health care and Florida’s environment, while providing for broad-based tax relief and $3 billion in state reserves.
2016 Bill Summaries Now Available
Summaries of bills that passed the Florida Legislature during the 2016 Legislative Session are available on the Bill Summaries Page.
Pathway to Economic Independence for People with Unique Abilities: Cradle to Career
During the first week of the 2016 Legislative Session, the Florida Legislature passed legislation to improve and expand education and employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
Statewide Water and Natural Resources Policy
The Florida Senate passed Senate Bill 552 to implement a statewide policy to preserve and restore Florida’s water and natural resources for future generations.
- Florida Senate, House Democrats Announce Milestone in Push for Special Session June 24, 2016 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Sachs Sentinel Special Edition - Orlando Shooting & Call to Action (6-13-2016) (pdf) June 20, 2016 - Publication by Senator Sachs
- Sachs Sentinel - June 2016 Edition (6-7-2013) (pdf) June 20, 2016 - Publication by Senator Sachs
- State Lawmakers Call for Passage of Emergency Measure Banning Gun Purchases by Individuals on Federal Watch/No Fly Lists June 15, 2016 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Press Advisory June 14, 2016 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Sealing and Expungement Event June 6, 2016 - Press Release by Senator Thompson
- Senator Soto Calls on National Parks Chief to Reject Big Cypress Oil Exploration Permit June 2, 2016 - Press Release by Minority Office
- MEDIA ADVISORY: President Gardiner to Speak at Governor Scott’s Degrees to Jobs Education Summit May 25, 2016 - Press Release by President's Office