The Senate will convene at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, March 18, 2015, or upon the Call of the President.
Tuesday, March 3, 2015 Open Calendar
1st Week of 2015 Session - 59 Days until the End of Session
Work Plan Florida 2015
President Gardiner and Speaker Crisafulli’s joint priorities for the 2015 Legislative Session include: tax relief, developing a statewide water and natural resources policy, expanding education and employment options for people with disabilities, promoting adoptions and increasing investments and accountability in education.
Protection for Racing Greyhounds
Florida’s annual lawmaking session opened Tuesday with the Senate’s unanimous passage of bi-partisan legislation to better protect greyhounds.
Water and Land Conservation
The Senate Committee on Environmental Preservation and Conservation is currently taking public comment on the implementation of the Water and Land Conservation Amendment passed by Florida voters in November 2014.
- Senate Unanimously Passes Vicky Q. Gaetz Racing Greyhound Protection Act March 3, 2015 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senate Passes Legislation Setting March 15 Date for 2016 Presidential Preference Primary March 3, 2015 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senate Democratic Leader Arthenia Joyner Responds to "State of the State" March 3, 2015 - Speech by Minority Office
- Senators Jeff Clemens, Dwight Bullard Call on Governor to Suspend FL Standards Assessment March 3, 2015 - Press Release by Minority Office
- MEMO: Summary and Independent Assessment by the University of Florida of Regional Water Management Issues in the Indian River Lagoon and Lake Okeechobee Basin March 2, 2015 - Press Release by President's Office
- Tampa Tribune Editorial: Expanding Support For Children In Need February 25, 2015 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senator Soto’s Newsletter: February 2015 (pdf) February 24, 2015 - Publication by Senator Soto
- Senator John Legg Announces Florida Digital Classrooms 2.0 February 24, 2015 - Press Release by Senator Legg