The Senate will convene on Tuesday, November 22, 2016, for the Organization Session.
2016 Bill Summaries Now Available
Summaries of bills that passed the Florida Legislature during the 2016 Legislative Session are available on the Bill Summaries Page.
16-17 State Budget
The Florida Legislature passed a balanced budget that provides unprecedented K-12 per student funding and makes critical investments in health care and Florida’s environment, while providing for broad-based tax relief and $3 billion in state reserves.
Pathway to Economic Independence for People with Unique Abilities: Cradle to Career
During the first week of the 2016 Legislative Session, the Florida Legislature passed legislation to improve and expand education and employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
- President Gardiner Applauds the Launch of the Florida Unique Abilities Partner Program October 26, 2016 - Press Release by President's Office
- President Gardiner to Attend Launch of the Florida Unique Abilities Partner Program October 25, 2016 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senator Denise Grimsley Announces November Mobile Office Hours October 21, 2016 - Press Release by Senator Grimsley
- Senate Democratic Leader Arthenia Joyner Urges Cell Providers To Suspend Data Overage Charges In Advance Of Hurricane Matthew October 6, 2016 - Press Release by Minority Office
- DHSMV And Senator Bill Galvano Celebrate 10 Years Of ECI Program October 3, 2016 - Press Release by Senator Galvano
- Bradenton Herald Opinion-Editorial: Tallevast Legacy Important to the Public Notice Discussion September 23, 2016 - Press Release by Majority Office
- Bill Galvano: On contamination, a Tallevast-Mosaic link September 23, 2016 - Press Release by Senator Galvano
- Senator Denise Grimsley Announces October Mobile Office Hours September 22, 2016 - Press Release by Senator Grimsley