The Senate will convene on November 18, 2014, for the Organization Session.
2014 Florida Statutes Now Available
The 2014 Florida Statutes are now available under the Laws tab. Additionally, the updated Table of Section Changes and other reference documents are posted under Quick Links on the Statutes page.
2014-15 State Budget
The Florida Legislature passed and Governor Scott signed into law a balanced budget for Fiscal Year 2014-15, allocating unprecedented funding for education, $500 million in broad-based tax relief and more than $3 billion in reserves.
Work Plan Florida 2014 Completed
During the 2014 Legislative Session, President Gaetz and Speaker Weatherford proposed a joint House and Senate work plan for Florida.
Protecting Vulnerable Floridians
During the 2014 Legislative Session, the Florida Senate worked to increase safeguards for Florida's children and seniors by strengthening protections against sexual offenders, enhancing accountability within assisted living facilities and improving Florida's child welfare system.
- SENATOR ARTHENIA JOYNER HONORED FOR CIVIL RIGHTS AND CRIMINAL JUSTICE REFORMS August 12, 2014 - Press Release by Senator Joyner
- Statement from Senate President Don Gaetz and House Speaker Will Weatherford Regarding the Florida Legislature’s Adoption of Revised Congressional Map August 11, 2014 - Press Release by President's Office
- Statement by Senate President-Designate Andy Gardiner on the August General Revenue Estimate August 7, 2014 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senator Don Gaetz Reports: Ethics Law Stays Intact, Court Upholds Legislature’s Landmark Reform July 31, 2014 - Press Release by Senator Gaetz
- Senator Don Gaetz Reports: Back-to-School Tax Free Holiday Starts Friday July 30, 2014 - Press Release by Senator Gaetz
- President Gaetz Appoints Senator Grimsley to Statewide Council on Human Trafficking July 28, 2014 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senator Gardiner: Ignore the union and support new program for students with disabilities July 25, 2014 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senator Don Gaetz Reports: Obamacare Court Rulings July 22, 2014 - Press Release by Senator Gaetz