CS/CS/CS/CS/HB 1261 — State Employment
by State Affairs Committee; Appropriations Committee; Rulemaking and Regulation Subcommittee; Government Operations Subcommittee; and Rep. Mayfield (CS/CS/SB 2084 by Budget Committee and Governmental Oversight and Accountability Committee)
This summary is provided for information only and does not represent the opinion of any Senator, Senate Officer, or Senate Office.
Prepared by: Governmental Oversight and Accountability Committee (GO)
The bill makes numerous changes to the state employment statutes contained in ch. 110, F.S.
Specifically, the bill:
- Revises requirements for fingerprinting conducted as part of a background screening.
- Removes the annual hourly cap for other-personal-services employees and revises related agency reporting requirements.
- Restructures the administrative annual leave cap for certain disabled veterans from six days to 48 hours.
- Revises the process for implementation of furloughs.
- Revises provisions related to telework.
- Requires employees to designate a charity when donating to the Florida State Employees’ Charitable Campaign.
- Limits a career service employee’s probationary period to no more than 18 months.
- Clarifies provisions related to employees who have been promoted and are in probationary status.
If approved by the Governor, these provisions take effect July 1, 2012.
Vote: Senate 40-0; House 112-0