CS/CS/HB 1309 — Procurement of Commodities and Contractual Services
by Appropriations Committee; Government Operations Subcommittee; and Rep. Albritton (CS/CS/SB 1150 by Appropriations Committee; Governmental Oversight and Accountability Committee; and Senators Benacquisto and Brandes)
This summary is provided for information only and does not represent the opinion of any Senator, Senate Officer, or Senate Office.
Prepared by: Governmental Oversight and Accountability Committee (GO)
The bill makes the following revisions to provisions governing state agency procurement and contracting, including, but not limited to:
- Requiring public agency contracts for services to include provisions that the public has access to public records, and requiring the public agency to enforce compliance with public records requests;
- Requiring specified accountability provisions to be included in grant agreements;
- Requiring agencies to appoint grant managers; such grant manager must be a certified contract manager if the grant agreement is in excess of $100,000 annually;
- Providing for the Chief Financial Officer’s (CFO) audit of executed grant agreements and contracts;
- Providing that both the Department of Management Services (DMS) and the CFO are jointly responsible for contract management training;
- Requiring invitations to bid to be awarded to the lowest responsive bidder;
- Permitting the DMS to lead joint agreements with governmental entities; and
- Removing the requirement that an agency head certify emergency procurement documents.
If approved by the Governor, these provisions take effect July 1, 2013.
Vote: Senate 40-0; House 116-0