HB 5501 — Economic Programs
by Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee and Rep. Ingram
This summary is provided for information only and does not represent the opinion of any Senator, Senate Officer, or Senate Office.
Prepared by: Appropriations Committee (AP)
- Eliminates the Displaced Homemaker Program.
- Terminates the Displaced Homemaker Trust Fund.
- Reduces the surcharge on marriage license applications by $7.50.
- Institutes comprehensive transparency and accountability measures on Visit Florida.
- Institutes comprehensive transparency and accountability measures on Enterprise Florida.
- Redirects $75 million of revenue from the State Economic Enhancement and Development Trust Fund to the General Revenue Fund.
- Provides a $25 million recurring appropriation for Visit Florida.
- Provides a $16 million recurring appropriation for Enterprise Florida.
If approved by the Governor, these provisions take effect July 1, 2017.
Vote: Senate 29-8; House 74-34