The Senate will convene at 9:00 a.m., on Tuesday, February 27, 2018, or upon the Call of the President.
9:00 — 10:30 AM
11:00 AM — 12:30 PM
The 2018-19 General Appropriations Act
The Senate's 2018-19 General Appropriations Act prioritizes investments in K-12 and higher education and sets aside $3.4 billion in total reserves.
Excellence in Higher Education
During the 2018 Legislative Session, the Senate is proposing policy enhancements and funding investments to elevate the prominence of state universities, while preserving access and increasing affordability for Floridians.
The 2018 Legislative Session
The Senate convened for the Opening Day of the 2018 Regular Session on Tuesday, January 9, 2018. The sixty day Legislative Session is scheduled to conclude on Friday, March 9, 2018.
- Senator Linda Stewart Files Amendments Banning Assault Weapons and High Capacity Magazines February 21, 2018 - Press Release by Senator Stewart
- Florida Senate Democrats Vow to Push for Assault Weapons Ban February 21, 2018 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Letter to President Negron regarding Assault Rifle Ban (pdf) February 20, 2018 - Publication by Senator Campbell
- SENATOR FARMER STATEMENT ON GUN SAFETY LEGISLATION AFTER PARKLAND February 17, 2018 - Press Release by Senator Farmer
- President Negron Comments on Visit with Floridians Impacted by Stoneman Douglas Shooting February 16, 2018 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senate Judiciary Committee Meeting (pdf) February 16, 2018 - Publication by Majority Office
- This Week in the Florida Senate: February 12 - 16, 2018 (pdf) February 16, 2018 - Publication by Majority Office
- Senate Dana Young's "Do Not Call" Legislation Gains Final Passage & Heads to Governor's Desk February 15, 2018 - Press Release by Senator Young