The Senate will convene at 9:30 a.m. on January 14, 2020, for the 2020 Regular Session.
The Florida Senate wishes you and those you cherish a joyful and blessed holiday season.
Opening Day of the 2020 Legislative Session
The Senate will convene on Tuesday, January 14, 2020. The 2020 Regular Session is scheduled to conclude on Friday, March 13, 2020.
2019-2020 General Appropriations Act
The balanced budget for fiscal year 2019-2020 increases K-12 education funding by $783 million, increases the total state investment in Hurricane Michael recovery to $1.8 billion, invests $686.8 million in water quality and protection, and replenishes reserves to $3.4 billion in total state reserves.
Hurricane Michael Recovery
The 2019-2020 General Appropriations Act includes comprehensive long-term recovery funding that brings the total state investment in Hurricane Michael Recovery to $1.859 Billion.
2019 Bill Summaries
Summaries of bills that passed the Florida Legislature during the 2019 Legislative Session are available on the 2019 Bill Summaries page.
- 2019 Rodriguez Report Post Session (Spanish) (pdf) December 12, 2019 - Publication by Senator Rodriguez
- Senator Lauren Book’s Statement on the Second Interim Report of the 20th Statement Grand Jury, focused on safety in Florida’s schools December 12, 2019 - Press Release by Senator Book
- President Galvano Appoints Graci McGillicuddy to the Statewide Council on Human Trafficking Direct-Support Organization Board of Directors December 11, 2019 - Press Release by President's Office
- The Clean Waterways Act Advances in Florida Senate December 11, 2019 - Press Release by Senator Mayfield
- Rader Reader Holiday Edition-December 2019 (pdf) December 10, 2019 - Publication by Senator Rader
- Sen. Lauren Book Files Bill to End Statute of Limitations for Child Sex Abuse Victims, Grant One-Year “Lookback Window” for Expired Cases December 10, 2019 - Press Release by Senator Book
- Senator Lori Berman and Representative Joe Casello File Purple Alert to Assist in the Recovery of Missing Adults December 10, 2019 - Press Release by Senator Berman
- Legislation to Create Permanent Staging Areas for Emergencies Passes First Senate Committee December 9, 2019 - Press Release by President's Office