2018 Florida Statutes
The 2018 Florida Statutes have been published and are now available online.
Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act
Senate Bill 7026 represents a comprehensive approach to addressing the issues presented by the tragedy at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, including firearm and school safety, and community mental health resources.
Excellence in Higher Education
Senate Bill 4 secures the permanent expansion of the Florida Bright Futures Scholarship and includes policy enhancements and funding investments to elevate the prominence of state universities, while preserving access and increasing affordability for Floridians.
Broad-based Tax Relief for Families and Businesses
• Tax Exemptions for Hurricane Recovery
• Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday
• Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday
• Lower Business Rent Tax
The 2018-19 General Appropriations Act
The 2018-19 General Appropriations Act prioritizes investments in K-12 and higher education and sets aside $3.3 billion in total reserves.
2018 Bill Summaries
Summaries of bills that passed the Florida Legislature during the 2018 Legislative Session are available on the 2018 Bill Summaries page.
- Senator Stewart Calls on Governor Scott to Rescind Executive Orders, Begin Steps to Halt Massive Environmental Destruction August 10, 2018 - Press Release by Senator Stewart
- Extended Office Hours (pdf) August 6, 2018 - Publication by Senator Stewart
- Senator Denise Grimsley Announces August Mobile Office Hours July 27, 2018 - Press Release by Senator Grimsley
- Senator Aaron Bean Receives 2018 Guardian ad Litem Legislator of Year Award July 26, 2018 - Press Release by Senator Bean
- Media Advisory July 23, 2018 - Press Release by Senator Stewart
- Senator Annette Taddeo to Tour and Deliver Community Gathered Toys to Immigrant Children in Homestead July 19, 2018 - Press Release by Senator Taddeo
- Senator Linda Stewart Requests Chief Inspector General Probe of Flawed Concealed Weapons Permit Investigation July 16, 2018 - Press Release by Senator Stewart
- Statement by President Negron Regarding the Passing of Nathaniel Reed July 11, 2018 - Press Release by President's Office