2011 Florida Statutes
(1) The board shall specify by rule the general areas of competency to be covered by examinations for licensure. These rules shall include the relative weight assigned in grading each area, the grading criteria to be used by the examiner, and the score necessary to achieve a passing grade. The board shall ensure that examinations adequately measure an applicant’s competency. Professional testing services may be utilized to formulate the examinations.
(2) The board shall ensure that examinations comply with state and federal equal employment opportunity guidelines.
(3) The department shall, in accordance with rules established by the board, examine persons who file applications for licensure under this act in all matters pertaining to the practice of massage. A written examination shall be offered at least once yearly and at such other times as the department shall deem necessary.
(4) The board shall adopt rules providing for reexamination of applicants who have failed the examination.
(5) All licensing examinations shall be conducted in such manner that the applicant shall be known to the department by number until her or his examination is completed and the proper grade determined. An accurate record of each examination shall be made; and that record, together with all examination papers, shall be filed with the State Surgeon General and shall be kept for reference and inspection for a period of not less than 2 years immediately following the examination.
History.—s. 11, ch. 78-436; ss. 13, 15, 25, 30, 34, 53, 62, ch. 80-406; s. 2, ch. 81-318; ss. 12, 13, ch. 85-280; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 154, ch. 94-119; s. 412, ch. 97-103; s. 154, ch. 97-264; s. 96, ch. 2008-6.