2012 Florida Statutes
Call for bids.
Call for bids.
153.10 Call for bids.—
(1) As soon as practicable after the authorization of bonds under the provisions of this chapter or the appropriation of moneys for the construction of water system improvements or sewer improvements, the commission shall publish once, in a newspaper published in the county, and, if the estimated cost exceeds $10,000, in a newspaper of general circulation in the state, a notice calling for sealed bids to be received by the commission on a date not earlier than 15 days from the first publication, for the construction of the work.
(2) The notice shall refer in general terms to the extent and nature of the improvement or improvements and may identify the same by the short designation indicated in the initial resolution and by reference to the plans and specifications on file. If the initial resolution shall have given two or more alternative descriptions of the improvement as to its material, nature, character and size, and if the commission shall not have theretofore determined upon a definite description, the notice shall call for bids upon each of such descriptions.
(3) Bids may be requested for the work as a whole or for any part thereof separately and bids may be asked for any one or more improvements authorized by the same or different resolutions, but any bid covering work upon more than one improvement shall be in such form as to permit a separation of cost as to each improvement.
(4) The notice shall require bidders to file with their bids either a certified check upon an incorporated bank or trust company for 2.5 percent of the amount of their respective bids or a bid bond in like amount with corporate surety satisfactory to the attorney for the county to ensure the execution of a contract to carry out the work in accordance with such plans and specifications and to ensure the filing, at the making of such contract, of a bond in the amount of the contract price with corporate sureties satisfactory to such attorney conditioned for the performance of the work in accordance with such contract.
(5) The commission shall have the right to reject any and all bids, and if all bids are rejected the commission may readvertise.
History.—s. 10, ch. 29837, 1955; s. 2, ch. 57-774.