2012 Florida Statutes
163.566 Definitions.—As used in this part, and unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) “Authority” means a body politic and corporate created pursuant to this part.
(2) “Member” means the municipality, county, or political subdivision which, in combination with another member or members, comprises the authority.
(3) “Board of directors,” hereinafter referred to as the board, means the governing body of the authority.
(4) “Director” means a person appointed to the board by a member. No person who serves without salary as a director or in any other appointed position of the authority shall be in violation of s. 99.012 by reason of holding such office.
(5) “Regional transportation area” means that area the boundaries of which are identical to the boundaries of the political subdivisions or other legal entities which constitute the authority.
(6) “Municipality” means any city with a population of over 50,000 within the regional transportation area.
(7) “County” means any county within the regional transportation area.
(8) “Public transportation” means transportation of passengers by means, without limitation, of a street railway, elevated railway or guideway, subway, motor vehicle, motor bus, or any bus or other means of conveyance operating as a common carrier within the regional transportation area, including charter service therein.
(9) “Public transportation system” means, without limitation, a combination of real and personal property, structures, improvements, buildings, equipment, plants, vehicle parking or other facilities, and rights-of-way, or any combination thereof, used or useful for the purposes of public transportation.
(10) “Operator” means any person engaged in, or intending to engage in, the business of providing public transportation, but does not include a person engaged primarily in the transportation of children to or from school or a person or entity furnishing transportation solely for his or her or its employees or customers.
(11) “Transportation facility” or “transportation facilities” means the property or property rights, both real and personal, of a type used for the establishment of public transportation systems which have heretofore been, or may hereafter be, established by public bodies for the transportation of people and property from place to place.
(12) “Population” means the population as determined under the provisions of s. 186.901.
History.—s. 2, ch. 71-373; s. 1, ch. 73-278; s. 1, ch. 77-174; s. 28, ch. 87-224; s. 33, ch. 91-107; s. 910, ch. 95-147.