(a) Each unit owner who is not a developer as defined by this chapter shall comply with the provisions of this subsection prior to the sale of his or her unit. Each prospective purchaser who has entered into a contract for the purchase of a condominium unit is entitled, at the seller’s expense, to a current copy of the declaration of condominium, articles of incorporation of the association, bylaws and rules of the association, financial information required by s. 718.111, and the document entitled “Frequently Asked Questions and Answers” required by s. 718.504. On and after January 1, 2009, the prospective purchaser shall also be entitled to receive from the seller a copy of a governance form. Such form shall be provided by the division summarizing governance of condominium associations. In addition to such other information as the division considers helpful to a prospective purchaser in understanding association governance, the governance form shall address the following subjects:
1. The role of the board in conducting the day-to-day affairs of the association on behalf of, and in the best interests of, the owners.
2. The board’s responsibility to provide advance notice of board and membership meetings.
3. The rights of owners to attend and speak at board and membership meetings.
4. The responsibility of the board and of owners with respect to maintenance of the condominium property.
5. The responsibility of the board and owners to abide by the condominium documents, this chapter, rules adopted by the division, and reasonable rules adopted by the board.
6. Owners’ rights to inspect and copy association records and the limitations on such rights.
7. Remedies available to owners with respect to actions by the board which may be abusive or beyond the board’s power and authority.
8. The right of the board to hire a property management firm, subject to its own primary responsibility for such management.
9. The responsibility of owners with regard to payment of regular or special assessments necessary for the operation of the property and the potential consequences of failure to pay such assessments.
10. The voting rights of owners.
11. Rights and obligations of the board in enforcement of rules in the condominium documents and rules adopted by the board.
The governance form shall also include the following statement in conspicuous type: “This publication is intended as an informal educational overview of condominium governance. In the event of a conflict, the provisions of chapter 718, Florida Statutes, rules adopted by the Division of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares, and Mobile Homes of the Department of Business and Professional Regulation, the provisions of the condominium documents, and reasonable rules adopted by the condominium association’s board of administration prevail over the contents of this publication.”
(c) Each contract entered into after July 1, 1992, for the resale of a residential unit shall contain in conspicuous type either:
1. A clause which states: THE BUYER HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT BUYER HAS BEEN PROVIDED A CURRENT COPY OF THE DECLARATION OF CONDOMINIUM, ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION OF THE ASSOCIATION, BYLAWS AND RULES OF THE ASSOCIATION, AND A COPY OF THE MOST RECENT YEAR-END FINANCIAL INFORMATION AND FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS DOCUMENT MORE THAN 3 DAYS, EXCLUDING SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS, AND LEGAL HOLIDAYS, PRIOR TO EXECUTION OF THIS CONTRACT; or
2. A clause which states: THIS AGREEMENT IS VOIDABLE BY BUYER BY DELIVERING WRITTEN NOTICE OF THE BUYER’S INTENTION TO CANCEL WITHIN 3 DAYS, EXCLUDING SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS, AND LEGAL HOLIDAYS, AFTER THE DATE OF EXECUTION OF THIS AGREEMENT BY THE BUYER AND RECEIPT BY BUYER OF A CURRENT COPY OF THE DECLARATION OF CONDOMINIUM, ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION, BYLAWS AND RULES OF THE ASSOCIATION, AND A COPY OF THE MOST RECENT YEAR-END FINANCIAL INFORMATION AND FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS DOCUMENT IF SO REQUESTED IN WRITING. ANY PURPORTED WAIVER OF THESE VOIDABILITY RIGHTS SHALL BE OF NO EFFECT. BUYER MAY EXTEND THE TIME FOR CLOSING FOR A PERIOD OF NOT MORE THAN 3 DAYS, EXCLUDING SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS, AND LEGAL HOLIDAYS, AFTER THE BUYER RECEIVES THE DECLARATION, ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION, BYLAWS AND RULES OF THE ASSOCIATION, AND A COPY OF THE MOST RECENT YEAR-END FINANCIAL INFORMATION AND FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS DOCUMENT IF REQUESTED IN WRITING. BUYER’S RIGHT TO VOID THIS AGREEMENT SHALL TERMINATE AT CLOSING.
A contract that does not conform to the requirements of this paragraph is voidable at the option of the purchaser prior to closing.