2013 Florida Statutes
348.51 Definitions.—The following terms whenever used or referred to in this part shall have the following meanings, except in those instances where the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) “Agency of the state” means and includes the state and any department of, or corporation, agency, or instrumentality heretofore or hereafter created, designated, or established by, the state.
(2) “Authority” means the body politic, corporate, and agency of the state created by this part.
(3) “Bonds” means and includes the notes, bonds, refunding bonds, or other evidences of indebtedness or obligations, in either temporary or definitive form, which the authority is authorized to issue pursuant to this part.
(4) “City” means the City of Tampa.
(5) “County” means the County of Hillsborough.
(6) “Department” means the Department of Transportation of Florida and any successor thereto.
(7) “Expressway system” or “system” means, generally, a modern highway system of roads, bridges, causeways, and tunnels in the metropolitan area of the city, or within any area of the county, with access limited or unlimited as the authority may determine, and such buildings and structures and appurtenances and facilities related thereto, including all approaches, streets, roads, bridges, and avenues of access for such system.
(8) “Federal agency” means and includes the United States, the President of the United States, and any department of, or bureau, corporation, agency, or instrumentality heretofore or hereafter created, designated, or established by, the United States.
(9) “Hillsborough County gasoline tax funds” means all the 80-percent surplus gasoline tax funds or 20-percent surplus gasoline tax funds accruing in each year to the Department of Transportation or the county, as the case may be, for use in Hillsborough County under the provisions of s. 9, Art. XII of the State Constitution, after deduction, if and only to the extent necessary, of any amounts of said gasoline tax funds heretofore pledged by the Department of Transportation or the county for outstanding obligations.
(10) “Lease-purchase agreement” or “lease-purchase agreements” means the lease-purchase agreement or agreements which the authority is authorized pursuant to this part to execute.
(11) “Members” means the governing body of the authority, and the term “member” means one of the individuals constituting such governing body.
(12) “Revenues” means all tolls, revenues, rates, fees, charges, receipts, rentals, contributions, and other income derived from or in connection with the operation or ownership of the expressway system, including the proceeds of any use and occupancy insurance on any portion of the system but excluding any Hillsborough County gasoline tax funds.
(13) Words importing singular number include the plural number in each case and vice versa, and words importing persons include firms and corporations.
History.—s. 2, ch. 63-447; s. 18, ch. 69-216; s. 1, ch. 69-361; ss. 23, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 1, ch. 76-256; s. 28, ch. 2010-225.