As used in this act, the term:
(1) “Auction business” means a sole proprietorship, partnership, or corporation which in the regular course of business arranges, manages, sponsors, advertises, promotes, or carries out auctions, employs auctioneers to conduct auctions in its facilities, or uses or allows the use of its facilities for auctions.
(2) “Auctioneer” means any person licensed pursuant to this part who holds a valid Florida auctioneer license.
(3) “Apprentice” means any person who is being trained as an auctioneer by a licensed auctioneer.
(4) “Board” means the Florida Board of Auctioneers.
(5) “Department” means the Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
(6) “Livestock” means any animal included in the definition of “livestock” by s. 585.01 or s. 588.13.
(7) “Agricultural product” means the natural products from a farm, nursery, grove, orchard, vineyard, garden, or apiary, including livestock, tobacco, and vegetables and includes those agricultural products as defined in chapter 618.
(8) “Absolute auction” means an auction that requires no minimum opening bid that limits the sale other than to the highest bidder.