(1) By August 1 of each year, a citizen support organization or direct-support organization created or authorized pursuant to law or executive order and created, approved, or administered by an agency, shall submit the following information to the appropriate agency:
(a) The name, mailing address, telephone number, and website address of the organization.
(b) The statutory authority or executive order pursuant to which the organization was created.
(c) A brief description of the mission of, and results obtained by, the organization.
(d) A brief description of the plans of the organization for the next 3 fiscal years.
(e) A copy of the organization’s code of ethics.
(f) A copy of the organization’s most recent federal Internal Revenue Service Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax form (Form 990).
(2) Each agency receiving information from a citizen support organization or direct-support organization pursuant to subsection (1) shall make such information available to the public through the agency’s website. If the organization maintains a website, the agency’s website must provide a link to the organization’s website.
(3) By August 15 of each year, each agency shall report to the Governor, the President of the Senate, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, and the Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability the information provided by each citizen support organization and direct-support organization. The report must also include a recommendation by the agency, with supporting rationale, to continue, terminate, or modify the agency’s association with each organization.
(4) Any contract between an agency and a citizen support organization or direct-support organization must be contingent upon the organization’s submission and posting of information pursuant to subsections (1) and (2). If an organization fails to submit the required information for 2 consecutive years, the agency head shall terminate any contract between the agency and the organization.
(5) A law creating, or authorizing the creation of, a citizen support organization or a direct-support organization must state that the creation of or authorization for the organization is repealed on October 1 of the 5th year after enactment, unless reviewed and saved from repeal through reenactment by the Legislature. Citizen support organizations and direct-support organizations in existence on July 1, 2014, must be reviewed by the Legislature by July 1, 2019.