2015 Florida Statutes
476.054 Barbers’ Board.—
(1) There is created within the department the Barbers’ Board, consisting of seven members who shall be appointed by the Governor, subject to confirmation by the Senate.
(2) Five members of the board shall be barbers who have practiced the occupation of barbering in this state for at least 5 years. The remaining two members of the board shall be citizens of the state who are not presently licensed barbers. No person shall be appointed to the board who is in any way connected with the manufacture, rental, or wholesale distribution of barber equipment and supplies.
(3) As the terms of the members expire, the Governor shall appoint successors for terms of 4 years; and such members shall serve until their successors are appointed and qualified. The Governor may remove any member for cause.
(4) No person shall be appointed to serve more than two consecutive terms. Any vacancy shall be filled by appointment by the Governor for the unexpired portion of the term.
(5) Each board member shall receive per diem and mileage allowances as provided in s. 112.061 from the place of her or his residence to the place of meeting and the return therefrom.
(6) Each board member shall be held accountable to the Governor for the proper performance of all duties and obligations of such board member’s office. The Governor shall cause to be investigated any complaints or unfavorable reports received concerning the actions of the board or its individual members and shall take appropriate action thereon, which may include removal of any board member for malfeasance, misfeasance, neglect of duty, commission of a felony, drunkenness, incompetency, or permanent inability to perform her or his official duties.
History.—ss. 5, 28, ch. 78-155; ss. 3, 13, 15, 25, 30, 34, 62, ch. 80-406; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 3, 19, 20, ch. 85-297; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 165, ch. 94-218; s. 394, ch. 97-103.