(1) Upon the request of the school board of any district with the approval of the State Board of Education evidenced by a resolution duly adopted by the governing body of each of such boards, the Division of Bond Finance of the State Board of Administration is authorized and empowered to issue and sell interest-bearing revenue bonds, notes, or certificates in its own name for the purpose of constructing, within the county, school buildings or additions thereto for rent, lease, or purchase by the school board of the district. The Division of Bond Finance may, by contract, make the school board its agent for the acquisition or construction of such school buildings, classrooms, or facilities.
(2) Any school board, making application to the Division of Bond Finance pursuant to this section may prescribe the terms, conditions and limitations under which said bonds, notes, or certificates shall be issued and sold and the proceeds of the sale of said bonds, notes, and certificates shall be applied.
(3) Under no circumstances shall any bonds, notes or certificates issued under this section by the division be construed as an obligation of the state nor of its subdivisions nor shall the state or its subdivisions under any theory be bound therefor. They shall be solely and only the obligations of the division in its corporate and representative capacity and shall be secured only by such revenues as shall be pledged as security for the payment thereof.
(4) Any revenue bonds, notes or certificates issued by the Division of Bond Finance pursuant to this section may be secured by a lease-purchase agreement executed by the school board, which agreement may remain in effect until the bonds and all interest thereon and any refunding thereof have been paid in full. As security for the rentals agreed to be paid under the terms of the lease-purchase agreement, the school board may pledge and agree to pay as such rentals any moneys legally available for school purposes to such school board not prohibited by the Florida Constitution. Each school board requesting the construction of school buildings under this section shall annually request in its budget sufficient funds to meet the annual rentals agreed to be paid the Division of Bond Finance for lease or purchase of said buildings.
(5) As further security for the repayment of said revenue bonds, notes or certificates, the said school board is authorized to pledge as rentals any funds which may be appropriated by the Legislature for school purposes to said school board. The authority to pledge funds provided for in this subsection is expressly limited to any funds as, if, and when appropriated, in that the Legislature is under no obligation to make any future appropriation.
(6) Any school board requesting the Division of Bond Finance to construct school buildings pursuant to this section shall use said leased buildings for school purposes so long as a need exists therefor and until all of said revenue bonds, notes or certificates and the interest thereon, including any refundings thereof are paid in full; and thereupon title to said buildings shall vest in the school board.
(7) This section is intended to be cumulative to the other powers granted to the Division of Bond Finance and is not intended to repeal or abrogate any such other powers. In financing school buildings pursuant to this section the division may utilize all the powers granted under this chapter.
(8) No approval of any other state board, body, agency, or official other than as specified herein, shall be required for the issuance of such revenue bonds, notes or certificates as provided in this section except the approval of the State Board of Administration in the manner now provided by law.