The following are functions, duties, and responsibilities of the department through the Florida Forest Service:
(1) Coordination of the planning, development, conservation, and rehabilitation of state lands in and for the system.
(2) Coordination of the management, maintenance, administration, and operation of state lands in the system and the provision of law enforcement and appropriate public safety activities.
(3) Management of the trust fund and approval of the advisory committee’s budget recommendations.
(4) Implementation of the program, including the ultimate approval of grant applications submitted by governmental agencies or entities or nongovernmental entities.
(5) Coordination to help ensure compliance with environmental laws and regulations of the program and lands in the system.
(6) Implementation of the policies established by the advisory committee.
(7) Provision of staff assistance to the advisory committee.
(8) Preparation of plans for lands in, or proposed to be included in, the system.
(9) Conducting surveys and the preparation of studies as are necessary or desirable for implementing the program.
(10) Recruitment and utilization of volunteers to further the program.