As used in the Florida Expressway Authority Act, the term:
(1) “Agency of the state” means and includes the state and any department of, or corporation, agency, or instrumentality heretofore or hereafter created, designated, or established by, the state.
(2) “Authority” means an expressway authority established pursuant to the Florida Expressway Authority Act which is a body politic and corporate and a public instrumentality. For purposes of the provisions of this part authorizing an authority to issue bonds directly pursuant to this part, “authority” shall mean an authority established within a county as defined in s. 125.011(1).
(3) “Bonds” means and includes the notes, bonds, refunding bonds, or other evidences of indebtedness or obligations, in either temporary or definitive form, which an authority issues pursuant to the Florida Expressway Authority Act.
(4) “County gasoline tax funds” means all the 80-percent surplus gasoline tax funds accruing in each year to the department for use within the geographic boundaries of an expressway authority established pursuant to the Florida Expressway Authority Act under the provisions of s. 9, Art. XII of the State Constitution, after deduction only of any amounts of such gasoline tax funds heretofore pledged by the department or a county for outstanding obligations.
(5) “Department” means the Department of Transportation.
(6) “Division” means the Division of Bond Finance of the State Board of Administration.
(7) “Express written consent” means prior express written consent given in the form of a resolution adopted by a board of county commissioners.
(8) “Expressway” means a street or highway especially designed for through traffic, and over, from, or to which owners or occupants of abutting land or other persons have no right or easement or only a limited right or easement of access, light, air, or view by reason of the fact that their property abuts upon such limited access facility or for any other reason. Such highways or streets may be facilities from which trucks, buses, and other commercial vehicles are excluded; or they may be facilities open to use by all customary forms of street and highway traffic.
(9) “Expressway system” means any and all expressways within the geographic boundaries of an expressway authority established pursuant to the Florida Expressway Authority Act and appurtenant facilities thereto, including, but not limited to, all approaches, roads, bridges, and avenues of access for such expressway. In any county as defined in s. 125.011(1), for purposes of this part, an expressway system includes a public transportation facility.
(10) “Federal agency” means and includes the United States, the President of the United States, and any department of, or corporation, agency, or instrumentality heretofore or hereafter created, designated, or established by, the United States.
(11) “Public transportation facility” means real and personal property, structures, improvements, buildings, personnel, equipment, plant, vehicle parking or other facilities, rights-of-way, or any combination thereof used or useful for the purposes of transporting passengers by means of a street railway, elevated railway or guideway, subway, motor vehicle, motor bus, or any bus or other means of conveyance operating as a common carrier by a county, as defined in s. 125.011(1). (12) “Surplus revenues” means revenues in any county as defined in s. 125.011(1) derived from rates, fees, rentals, tolls, and other charges for the services and facilities of an expressway system as may exist at the end of a fiscal year after payment of all annually required operating and maintenance expenses for the fiscal year and all debt service payable in the fiscal year on bonds issued or other debts incurred for any purpose in connection with an expressway system, including debt incurred to finance the construction, extension, repair, or maintenance of an expressway system.