2018 Florida Statutes
468.707 Licensure requirements.—Any person desiring to be licensed as an athletic trainer shall apply to the department on a form approved by the department. An applicant shall also provide records or other evidence, as determined by the board, to prove he or she has met the requirements of this section. The department shall license each applicant who:
(1) Has completed the application form and remitted the required fees.
(2) For a person who applies on or after July 1, 2016, has submitted to background screening pursuant to s. 456.0135. The board may require a background screening for an applicant whose license has expired or who is undergoing disciplinary action.
(3) Has obtained a baccalaureate or higher degree from a college or university professional athletic training degree program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education or its successor recognized and approved by the United States Department of Education or the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation, approved by the board, or recognized by the Board of Certification, and has passed the national examination to be certified by the Board of Certification.
(4) If graduated before 2004, has a current certification from the Board of Certification.
(5) Has current certification in both cardiopulmonary resuscitation and the use of an automated external defibrillator set forth in the continuing education requirements as determined by the board pursuant to s. 468.711.
(6) Has completed any other requirements as determined by the department and approved by the board.
History.—s. 5, ch. 95-388; s. 101, ch. 98-166; s. 4, ch. 99-349; s. 134, ch. 99-397; s. 159, ch. 2000-160; s. 1, ch. 2006-39; s. 18, ch. 2011-95; s. 5, ch. 2015-116.