An international trust entity, or any affiliated, subsidiary, or other person or business entity acting as an agent for, on behalf of, or for the benefit of such international trust entity, who engages in such activities from an office located in this state, may not transact a trust business, or maintain in this state any office for carrying on such business, or any part thereof, unless such international trust entity, affiliate, subsidiary, person, or business entity:
(1) Has been authorized by charter, license, or similar authorization by operation of law to carry on trust business and has complied with the laws of each jurisdiction in which it is chartered, licensed, or otherwise authorized and created under operation of law.
(2) Has furnished to the office such proof as to the nature and character of its business and as to its financial condition as the commission or office requires.
(3) Has filed with the office a certified copy of that information required to be supplied to the Department of State by those provisions of part I of chapter 607 which are applicable to foreign corporations.
(4) Has received a license duly issued to it by the office.
(5) Has sufficient capital in accordance with the requirements of s. 663.407 and the rules adopted thereunder and is not imminently insolvent or insolvent, as those terms are defined under s. 655.005(1).
(6)(a) Is not in bankruptcy, conservatorship, receivership, liquidation, or similar status under the laws of any country.
(b) Is not operating under the direct control of the government or the regulatory or supervisory authority of the home jurisdiction in which it has been chartered, licensed, or otherwise authorized and created under operation of law, through government intervention or any other extraordinary actions.
(c) Has not been in such status or control at any time within the 3 years preceding the date of application for a license.
Notwithstanding paragraphs (a) and (b), the office may permit an international trust company representative office to remain open and in operation pursuant to s. 663.412(1)(b).