CS/HB 215: Emergency Management
GENERAL BILL by Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Abruzzo ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bernard ; Julien ; Van Zant
Emergency Management; Creates "Postdisaster Relief Assistance Act"; provides immunity from civil liability for providers of temporary housing & aid to emergency first responders & their immediate family members following declared emergency; provides nonapplicability.
Last Action: 5/4/2011 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 450 (Ch. 2011-43) -HJ 1111
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 24
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 02/09/11, 1:00 pm, 404 HOB
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 150
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee -HJ 149
• Introduced -HJ 24
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 146
• On Committee agenda-- Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee, 03/21/11, 4:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 273
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 273
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/21/11, 11:00 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 450 (Ch. 2011-43) -HJ 1111
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.