HB 331: Firesafety
GENERAL BILL by Weinstein ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Patronis
Firesafety; Revises rulemaking authority & responsibilities of State Fire Marshal relating to educational & ancillary plants; revises requirements & procedures for inspections of buildings & equipment; abolishes special state firesafety inspector classifications & certifications; provides criteria, procedures, & requirements for special state firesafety inspectors to be certified as firesafety inspectors; provides procedures, criteria, & requirements for inspections of certain charter schools, etc.
Last Action: 5/31/2011 - Chapter No. 2011-79
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Government Operations Subcommittee; K-20 Competitiveness Subcommittee; Rulemaking and Regulation Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 33
• Introduced -HJ 33
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 03/23/11, 8:00 am, 306 HOB
• Favorable by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 282
• Now in K-20 Competitiveness Subcommittee -HJ 282
• On Committee agenda-- K-20 Competitiveness Subcommittee, 03/29/11, 12:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by K-20 Competitiveness Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 390
• Now in Rulemaking and Regulation Subcommittee -HJ 390
• On Committee agenda-- Rulemaking and Regulation Subcommittee, 04/05/11, 3:00 pm, 306 HOB
• Favorable by Rulemaking and Regulation Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 452
• Now in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 452
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/08/11, 8:45 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 601
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 601
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 04/14/11, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 644
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 644
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 869
• Read 3rd time -HJ 869
• Passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 869
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 573
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Education Pre-K - 12; Community Affairs; Higher Education; Budget -SJ 573
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Education Pre-K - 12; Community Affairs; Higher Education; Budget -SJ 630
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for SB 534 -SJ 630
• Read 2nd time -SJ 630
• Read 3rd time -SJ 630
• Passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 630
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1002
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-79
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.