CS/SB 444: Scrutinized Companies
GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Bogdanoff ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Benacquisto
Scrutinized Companies; Prohibits a state agency or local governmental entity from contracting for goods and services of more than a certain amount with a company that is on the Scrutinized Companies with Activities in Sudan List or the Scrutinized Companies with Activities in the Iran Petroleum Energy Sector List. Provides for a contract provision that allows for termination of the contract if the company is found to have been placed on such list. Provides a statute of repose. Prohibits a private right of action, etc.
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Community Affairs; Budget -SJ 41
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/08/11, 11:15 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable with 2 amendment(s) by Governmental Oversight and Accountability (439830, 781182); YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 117
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 117
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/07/11, 3:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 118
• Introduced -SJ 40
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 118
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 114
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 03/15/11, 3:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 232
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 232
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/23/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 268
• Placed on 3rd reading -SJ 268
• Read 3rd time -SJ 284
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 285
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1009
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/11
• Received -HJ 1009
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1064
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1120
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 1121
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 851
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-104
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.