CS/CS/HB 647: Protection of Volunteers
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice Subcommittee ; McBurney ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Adkins
Protection of Volunteers; Clarifies that in order to fall under protection of Florida Volunteer Protection Act, person performing service for nonprofit organization may not receive compensation from nonprofit organization for that service, regardless of whether person is receiving compensation from another source; provides exception; provides immunity for source of any other such compensation; provides application of act.
Last Action: 6/23/2011 - Chapter No. 2011-190
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 57
• Introduced -HJ 57
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/14/11, 4:00 pm, 404 HOB
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 240
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 238
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 250
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 03/24/11, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 340
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 339
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 332
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 916
• Read 3rd time -HJ 916
• CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 916
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 617
• Referred to Judiciary; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 617
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 701
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 930 -SJ 701
• Read 2nd time -SJ 701
• Read 3rd time -SJ 701
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 701
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1002
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-190
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.