HB 797: Interscholastic and Intrascholastic Sports
GENERAL BILL by Perry ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Adkins ; Baxley ; Corcoran ; Costello ; Passidomo ; Porter ; Van Zant ; Weinstein
Interscholastic and Intrascholastic Sports; Removes provisions relating to pilot program in which middle school student or high school student in private school may participate in athletics at public school; provides for statewide implementation of program; requires maintenance of records of participating students; limits participation in program to students who are enrolled in non-FHSAA member private schools consisting of maximum number of students.
Last Action: 6/2/2011 - Chapter No. 2011-117
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to K-20 Competitiveness Subcommittee; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 68
• Introduced -HJ 68
• On Committee agenda-- K-20 Competitiveness Subcommittee, 03/23/11, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by K-20 Competitiveness Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 282
• Now in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 282
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/29/11, 9:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 368
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 368
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/05/11, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 416
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 416
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 869
• Read 3rd time -HJ 870
• Passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 870
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 574
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Health Regulation; Budget -SJ 574
• Withdrawn from Education Pre-K - 12; Health Regulation; Budget -SJ 599
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for SB 1000 -SJ 599
• Read 2nd time -SJ 599
• Read 3rd time -SJ 599
• Passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 599
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1163
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-117
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.