CS/SB 828: Public Records/Local Government Inspector General
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Bogdanoff
Public Records/Local Government Inspector General; Expands an exemption from public records requirements to include certain records relating to investigations in the custody of an inspector general of a local government. Provides for future repeal and legislative review of such revisions to the exemption under the Open Government Sunset Review Act. Provides a statement of public necessity.
Last Action: 5/2/2011 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 667 (Ch. 2011-87) -SJ 632
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Judiciary (JU)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 66
• Introduced -SJ 66
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/21/11, 10:15 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 236
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 236
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 257
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/04/11, 3:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/12/11, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 469
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 469
• Withdrawn from Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 568
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 632
• Substituted CS/HB 667 -SJ 632
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 667 (Ch. 2011-87) -SJ 632
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.