SB 982: Wage Protection for Employees
GENERAL BILL by Norman
Wage Protection for Employees; Cites this act as the "Florida Wage Protection Act." Provides legislative findings. Prohibits a county, municipality, or political subdivision of the state from adopting a wage theft ordinance or regulation that exceeds certain state and federal laws. Preempts such activities to the state.
Last Action: 5/7/2011 Senate - Died on Calendar
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 75
• Introduced -SJ 75
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 04/04/11, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 1 -SJ 323
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 323
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/25/11, 9:45 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• Withdrawn from Judiciary -SJ 725
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• Withdrawn from Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 725
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.