CS/SB 1140: Child Care Facilities
GENERAL BILL by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; Sachs ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lynn ; Sobel
Child Care Facilities; Requires vehicles used by child care facilities and large family child care homes to be equipped with an alarm system that prompts the driver to inspect the vehicle for children before exiting the vehicle. Requires the Department of Children and Family Services to adopt rules and maintain a list of approved alarm systems.
Last Action: 5/7/2011 House - Died in Messages
Location: In messages from Senate
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Transportation (TR)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Transportation; Budget -SJ 85
• Introduced -SJ 85
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 03/14/11, 1:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 227
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 228
• Now in Transportation -SJ 227
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 03/29/11, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Transportation; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 308
• Now in Budget -SJ 308
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/13/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 469
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 469
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 600
• Read 3rd time -SJ 600
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 600
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.