CS/SB 1390: Supervised Reentry Programs for Inmates
GENERAL BILL by Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations ; Dockery ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Joyner ; Smith
Supervised Reentry Programs for Inmates; Provides legislative intent to encourage the Department of Corrections, to the extent possible, to place inmates in the community to perform paid employment for community work. Provides that an inmate may leave the confinement of prison to participate in a supervised reentry program in which the inmate is housed in the community while working at paid employment or participating in other programs that are approved by the department. Requires the inmate to live at a department-approved residence while participating in the supervised reentry program, etc.
Last Action: 5/7/2011 House - Died in Messages
Location: In messages from Senate
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations (BJA)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Budget -SJ 104
• Introduced -SJ 104
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/28/11, 3:15 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 299
• Now in Budget -SJ 299
• Also referred to Rules -SJ 461
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations -SJ 473
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations, 04/13/11, 9:15 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 469
• Now in Budget -SJ 469
• CS by Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 485
• Withdrawn from Budget with subcommittee recommendation -SJ 614
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Rules
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 615
• Placed on Consent Calendar, 05/03/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 753
• Read 3rd time -SJ 753
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 1 -SJ 753
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.