CS/SB 146: Criminal Justice
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Smith ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lynn ; Dockery ; Hill ; Bullard ; Siplin ; Joyner ; Braynon
Criminal Justice; Cites this act as the "Jim King Keep Florida Working Act." Requires state agencies to prepare reports that identify and evaluate restrictions on licensing and employment for ex-offenders. Prohibits state agencies from denying an application for a license, permit, certificate, or employment based solely on a person's lack of civil rights. Provides an exception, etc.
Last Action: 6/21/2011 - Approved by Governor
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Judiciary (JU)
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Criminal Justice; Judiciary -SJ 22
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/08/11, 11:15 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 117
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 117
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/09/11, 3:15 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 22
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 186
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 201
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 186
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/14/11, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 226
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 226
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/23/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 269
• Amendment(s) adopted (243028) -SJ 269
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 269
• Placed on 3rd reading -SJ 269
• Read 3rd time -SJ 285
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 285
• In Messages
• Received -HJ 764
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 764
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/11
• Substituted for CS/HB 449 -HJ 793
• Read 2nd time -HJ 793
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 813
• Amendment(s) adopted (558007) -HJ 813
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 814
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (558007) -SJ 839
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 839
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 839
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-207
• Approved by Governor
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.