CS/CS/SJR 1538: Abortion/Public Funding/Construction of Rights
JOINT RESOLUTION by Rules ; Judiciary ; Flores ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Haridopolos ; Oelrich
Abortion/Public Funding/Construction of Rights; Proposes amendments to the State Constitution to generally prohibit public funding of abortions and prohibit the State Constitution from being interpreted to create broader rights to an abortion than those contained in the United States Constitution.
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Regulation (HR)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Health Regulation; Judiciary; Budget; Rules -SJ 173
• On Committee agenda-- Health Regulation, 03/14/11, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 173
• Favorable by Health Regulation; YEAS 8 NAYS 4 -SJ 226
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 226
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/22/11, 8:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/28/11, 3:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 4 NAYS 2 -SJ 308
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 318
• Now in Budget -SJ 308
• Original reference(s)- removed: Budget
• Remaining references corrected to Rules -SJ 407
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/15/11, 9:15 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 9 NAYS 3 -SJ 471
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 471
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/11
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 487
• Read 2nd time -SJ 526
• Substituted CS/HJR 1179 -SJ 526
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HJR 1179 (Passed) -SJ 526
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.