SJR 1664: Senate Confirmation/Appointments to Supreme Court
JOINT RESOLUTION by Bogdanoff ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gaetz
Senate Confirmation/Appointments to Supreme Court; Proposes an amendment to the State Constitution to require Senate confirmation of appointments to the office of justice of the Supreme Court.
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 189
• Introduced -SJ 189
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/22/11, 8:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/28/11, 3:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 4 NAYS 2 -SJ 299
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 300
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 04/05/11, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 8 NAYS 3 -SJ 461
• Now in Rules -SJ 461
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/15/11, 9:15 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 10 NAYS 2 -SJ 469
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 469
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HJR 7111 (Passed)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.