CS/SB 1808: Assault or Battery
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Diaz de la Portilla
Assault or Battery; Increases the mandatory minimum term of imprisonment for battery of a law enforcement officer or firefighter while possessing a firearm or destructive device. Increases the mandatory minimum term of imprisonment for such a battery while possessing a semiautomatic firearm and its high-capacity detachable box magazine or a machine gun.
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Budget -SJ 207
• Introduced -SJ 207
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 04/04/11, 3:15 pm, 37 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 04/12/11, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 3 NAYS 2 -SJ 470
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 470
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 491
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 725
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.