CS/CS/SB 1836: Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations ; Banking and Insurance ; Diaz de la Portilla
Insurance; Revises provisions relating to certain insurers serving nonresidents domiciled outside the United States who are exempt from requirements to obtain a certificate of authority. Requires a captive insurer to obtain a license and to file evidence that a person or firm with whom it intends to conduct business is reputable. Provides that a certificate of insurance for an association captive insurer does not exceed the total funds of the association members, etc.
Last Action: 5/7/2011 Senate - Died in Budget, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1087 (Ch. 2011-174)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations (BGA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Budget -SJ 208
• Introduced -SJ 208
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/05/11, 10:15 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 461
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 464
• Now in Budget -SJ 461
• Also referred to Rules -SJ 461
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations -SJ 473
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations, 04/13/11, 9:15 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 470
• Now in Budget -SJ 470
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 492
• Withdrawn from- Rules -SJ 568
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Budget, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1087 (Ch. 2011-174)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.