CS/CS/SB 2088: Ethics
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections ; Rules ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gaetz
Ethics; Provides for qualified blind trusts. Prohibits the trustee from disclosing certain information to the public officer or other persons having a beneficial interest in the trust. Requires the public officer to provide notice and specified information to the Commission on Ethics. Prohibits a member of the Legislature from voting upon any legislation inuring to his or her special private gain or loss, etc.
Last Action: 5/7/2011 Senate - Died in Budget, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1355 (Ch. 2011-40)
Location: In committee/council (BC)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections (EE)
- Rules (RC)
- Budget (BC)
• SPB 7224 submitted as a committee bill (SB 2088) by Rules
• Referred to Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections; Rules; Budget -SJ 312
• Introduced -SJ 312
• On Committee agenda-- Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections, 04/04/11, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 324
• Now in Rules -SJ 324
• CS by Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections read 1st time -SJ 354
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/15/11, 9:15 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/26/11, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 541
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 541
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 543
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Budget, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1355 (Ch. 2011-40)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.